- Stagger arrival and dismissal times
- Ensure children and adults wash hands and have their temperature taken when entering the building
- Limit the number of adults in the building and require all adults to wear masks in the building
- Limit each classroom to, no more, than 15 students a day
- Have the school professionally cleaned 3 times a week
- Disinfect “high touch” areas during the school day (when children are not present) and at the end of the school day, using CDC approved cleaners for killing COVID-19 germs
- Run Air Purifiers in each classroom
- Conduct meetings by Zoom when possible and appropriate
- Get fresh air and play outside as much as possible
- Do our absolute best to keep your children safe…. physically and psychologically!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
will you ensure that sick children do not come to school?
Every family will be given a Daily Screening Protocol and will be asked to keep children home if they demonstrate any of the symptoms of Covid-19 or any other communicable disease.
Temperatures will be taken every day at arrival. No child or adult will be allowed in with a temperature greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
If during the school day, a child exhibits any concerning symptoms, he or she will be separated from the group and parents will be called to pick up that child.
Families will also be given clear instructions on when children can return to school after an illness. We need to work together as a team to ensure that everyone stays safe and healthy.
Are children required to wear masks?
As of right now, everyone is required to wear masks when inside of the school. Exception may be made for developmental reasons. Parents may choose to have their children wear masks even when outside.
How will you handle snacks in the Fall? Will families still be supplying snacks?
For the time being, we will be asking families to provide individual snacks daily. The snacks must be healthy and nut-free.
Spending outside seems to be a safe way to play, but what will you do if it is too rainy or cold to go outside?
BNS is unique in that we try to take advantage of our amazing outdoor play space every day – even in less than ideal weather. We will encourage families to provide their children with appropriate outerwear so they can go out as much as possible.
What will be the response if someone at the school (child, staff, family member) test positive for COVID-19?
If someone in the BNS family tests positive, we will alert all families that there is a case in the school and will work with DOH to identify any members of the school community who were in close contact with the individual. Close contacts, which may be an entire class, will be required to quarantine for 14 days.